Monday 9 May 2016

Ramping it up.

Wow, 4 years since my last post... so much for regular blogging.  Time to bump up the post rate I think.  I will be posting a few blog entries from efforts made over the last few years. I've documented them, but never got around to uploading.   First up: Car ramps.


I inherited a pair of ramps from my dad many moons ago, but they have just been sat in the garage forever rusting away.




On initial inspection they look rusted away, and useless, but... they don't make them like they used to.  These ramps are so insanely over engineered compared to the cheep junk you can pick-up for £30 off ebay.  The steel is so thick that even under all the rust, they were rock solid, so I decided to refurbish them a bit.   I attacked them with sand paper, wire brushes, grinding bits, etc.  I broke off any loose bits.  Removed all the cobwebs and spiders.  Applied a rust-stopping base coat, and then a nice heavy-duty matte black over the top.

Here are some "work in progress pics".




I neglected to get photos of the completed ramps, although you'll see why that's relevant in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment